Books, magazine & newspaper articles, radio & TV interviews featuring Anne Bosy and the Fresh Breath Clinic®
This section is no longer being updated. FOR AN UPDATED LISTING PLEASE CLICK HERE.
TV & RADIO APPEARANCES:Guest appearances on the following programs on the topic of Oral Malodour.
- TVO June 2006
- ROGERS TV March 21, 2006
- AM740 From a Woman's Perspective with Marilyn Wetston - Anne Bosy (aka the "Breath Doc") featured several times per year 2004-2007
- tfo - VOLT, french language current events show for 13+ - October 14, 2003
- Discovery Health Channel & The Life Network, Health On The Line - October 2002
- Several radio interviews including an hour on CCBC, a Chinese radio show - 2002
- Global News: Discussion about Listerine wafers and their effectiveness - April 2001
- CFRB AM1010 with Karen Horsman - March 2001
- CITY TV Breakfast Television - 2001 (also 1999, 1997)
- CBC News Health Matters, 2000
- WTN (Women's Television Network) "Stone Soup" 1997
- Doctor on Call - March 1997
- Global Television
- interview on Dec. 31, 1997 on evening news
- interview on midday news - 1994
- interview with Avis Favro - 1992
- Discovery Channel - interview - 1997
- Rogers Cable (several community television interviews) 1995 - 1997
- Market Place - 1996
- Discovery Channel - Scientific program - 1995
- Channel 47 (Italian program) - 1993
Featured in articles in the following magazines and newspapers:
- Canadian Living July 2006: "FRESH BREATH AHOY!"
- Canadian Reader's Digest August 2004: "Just Too Embarrassing" by Paula Wild
- glow magazine (Oct/Nov 2003): "Breathe Easy"
- elevate January 2003: "Beating the bad breath blues"
- elevate Summer 2002: "Breathing Easy: the Fresh Breath Clinic will take your (bad) breath away"
- Beautiful Teeth Premiere issue, Summer 2003: "Whew! Bad Breath .."
- Modern Woman March 1998
- Chatelaine 1998; October 1997: "The Oral Hex"; June 1996: "A breath of fresh air"
- Cosmopolitan: Life After College 1996
- Woman's World
- Jane magazine
- Readers Digest September 1994: "Kiss Bad Breath Good-bye"
- Health Watch (Shoppers Drug Mart) in three publications - 1992, 1994, 1998
- Toronto Star October 20, 2007: "Bad-breath clinic busts even the tough cases"
- Ottawa Sun August 13, 2006: "Bad Breath Buster"
- Toronto Sun August 6, 2006: "Bad Breath Buster"
- Metro News Toronto edition, March 21, 2006: "Bad breath fouls up careers"
- National Post May 2003
- Toronto Post May 2003
- Calgary Herald May 2003
- The Globe and Mail August 6, 2002: "Take my breath away. Please!"
- Medical Post April 1997
- Ottawa Citizen (Front page) April 18, 1997: "Stress causes chronic bad breath"
- The Simcoe Reformer April 10, 1997: "Horrible halitosis"
- Toronto Sun (Front page of the Life Section) February 1996: "New Toronto clinic offers sweet news for halitosis sufferers"
- Toronto Star (Front page news) March 24, 1994: "Bad breath clinic boasts the sweet smell of success"
- Globe and Mail
The Doctors Book® of Herbal Home Remedies
Editors: Prevention Health Books, Rodale Press 1999.
(excerpt from the section on Bad Breath:)
It may seem that halitosis has chosen you, and only you, to grace with its signature smell, but rest assured, many others have dealt with it all along. "It's been a problem forever", says Anne Bosy, a researcher in oral malodour and founder of the Fresh Breath Clinic in Toronto.
Parsley, says Bosy, contains chlorophyll, the same stuff used in some commercial breath fresheners. Fresh parsley costs much less, and you can use whatever is left over for cooking. Pick up a bunch of the herb at any grocery store, cut off a few sprigs, and chew them slowly, a sprig at a time. The longer it is in your mouth, the better. "Parsley doesn't just mask the smell, it actually deodorizes your mouth," she says.